If you want to raise your curve, you want to think big. You increase your probability of success if you can
- Clearly articulate a lofty goal
- Always tell the truth.
If you are having trouble articulating a goal you can replace it with this program:
- Pay attention to what you want
- Given the choice to spend time on things you want, do the thing that makes you feel the best afterwards
- Pay attention to the direction your life is going and the impact of your actions upon it
- Look inside yourself with as much curiosity as you can muster
You may eventually find a lofty goal, if so, you can begin to pursue that.
Always telling the truth will be hard if you don’t already. So find one spot where you aren’t and go tell the truth. Then find another. Keep it up.
A note about the truth: if people are trying to harm you, you don’t owe them the truth. If people are trying to dominate you, to aggregate what is yours for their benefit, this is an aggression and a harm and you don’t owe them the truth.
You do owe it to yourself to factor them out of your life. You can’t live, poisoned. Some people choose to remain around those with whom they have an unhealthy relationship, and use that as an excuse to maintain habits of being low. It’s a habit to break. And ensuring that you remove yourself from them keeps you out of the insidious place of lying constantly to protect yourself. That’s a slippery slope and incredibly dangerous as a habit.